Sunday, March 10, 2013

A review of "Shooting Blanks" by Eileen Smith

On Wednesday, February 20, 2013, blogger Eileen Smith wrote an article commenting on Ted Cruz and his advocacy for gun rights.  The article, Shooting Blanks, addresses the issue of gun control and also covers the writer's feelings towards politician Ted Cruz.

Eileen Smith, author and blogger of In The Pink Texas, is a clearly stated Texas Liberal.  She seems to be very knowledgeable on topics such as gun control, and issues in direct regards of Ted Cruz.  She states at the beginning of the article that "... Ted Cruz is my new Rick Perry. His idiocy has affected me so much...".  I love her political satire throughout this article, and find her disgust towards conservative republicans amusing.  I would like to think that her intended audience for this article also have strong feelings towards the gun control issues, and want to see what others feel about it.  Her blog in general comes from a liberal standpoint, and this article shows proof of her anti-conservative view points.

On some levels I agree with the author's view points, but on others I do not.  I tend to lean towards a centrist, middle of the road viewpoint, rather than a completely left or right-sided opinion.  I agree that we need more laws in regards to guns and ammunition, but one that does not take away our right to bear arms.  Eileen also takes a stance on Ted Cruz's religious affiliation, and that he seems to be hypocritical with his words and actions.  As much as I do not compare or judge others for the religious or spiritual views, I understand the way that she is pointing out his "nature."

Overall, I enjoyed reading the article and found it entertaining, and factual.  This would be a great read for someone who is interested in seeing the viewpoints of others on major issues such as gun control.

No comments:

Post a Comment